Friday, September 3, 2010

MUSIC: Folk Friday {Brett Dennen}

This is sort of a blast from my {recent} musical past -all thanks to shuffle mode on the iPod. I was obsessed with Brett Dennen senior year of high school - like I think my discman {yah, totally didn't even have an iPod for at least another year or so} was about to light on fire I played his two CDs I had so many times. His voice is really distinct & I like that some of his stuff is super slow & lovely & others have a little more jam feel to them {not a good musical description, but I don't think I'll be sending in my application at Rolling Stone any time soon, so whatever}. I actually saw him at the 2009 Newport Folk Festival - beautiful.



It looks like he has 3 CDs out now: Brett Dennen {2004}, So Much More {2006}, Hope for the Hopeless {2008}




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails