Friday, May 14, 2010

MUSIC: Folk Friday {Freelance Whales}

This was like a scavenger hunt.
Or a sign from the universe that I needed new music.
I heard them at the weirdest times on NPR & various college radio stations.
Saw their CD, which only just came out on April 27, 2010, just about everywhere I went.
Yesterday, I bought it at a used book store & while I still have to explore it, I thought I would share my findings with you.
Also, they don't even have a Wikipedia page! Blasphemy!



The band: Freelance Whales
The CD: Weathervanes
Sounds like: Postal Service, Arcade Fire, Sufjan Stevens..ish
From: New York


Video below:




Dig the rad inside album artwork! Looks like Tim Burton's notebook doodles from elementary school:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails