Friday, December 3, 2010

MUSIC: Folk Friday {Sharon Van Etten}


Yesterday, my dad texted me with partial lyrics to a song he had just heard on the radio & said it was by Sharon something & could I do a little sleuthing to find out what the song was & who the artist was because, he said, he thought I would really enjoy the music.

Sleuthing accomplished & hypothesis correct! The artist in question is Sharon Van Etten & the particular song he had heard was One Day, which is on her new album: Epic & I LOVE it.


I couldn't find too, too much information on who she is, etc, but here is an article published by The Village Voice (read full article here)- from what I can gather she is 25 years old & originally from Tennessee, landed an internship at Ba Da Bing Records in NYC (home to the band Beirut) & eventually acquired a record deal herself.


Her first album, Because I Was In Love, came out on May 26, 2009. The second record, Epic, was released this past fall on September 7, 2010.

Her music is very quiet, a little dreamy & melancholy, solid folk. Enjoy below!





2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails