Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Letterpressing

By now, you're all aware of my fondness for stationary, cards, letterhead, & various other paper goods. Well, a subset of these interests is Letterpress. I'm a sucker for arts & crafts of any kind & while I engage in many different kinds of crafting, I have yet to personally try my hand at letterpress. I can only appreciate from a distance. Although, if I started making my own cards, in addition to all my other crafty pursuits, I would probably have to drop out of school!

Brief Letterpress History: In the mid-1400's, Gutenburg invented this relief form of printing. It remained the go-to method for centuries & recently {1990's} staged a renaissance of sorts. It became particularly popular for wedding invitations.

Here's an awesome blog of all things letterpress.

Here's some of my favorite designs & sites for letterpress cards:

{image: Snow & Graham}


{image: Snow & Graham}

{image: Egg Press}



{image: Egg Press}


{image: Etsy}


{image: Etsy}

{image: Etsy}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails