Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hobbit House

I'm obsessed with hobbit houses & I used this one, in particular, for a class paper last semester. He built it all himself! The detail he goes into on the construction methods is incredible. I don't understand most of what he's talking about, but it sure looks pretty! This house is totally low-impact development, environmentally friendly, the whole she-bang. I think my soul would feel happy living in a house like this. Although, New England's weather might not be the best place for it, I'm thinking more mild/even temps would be more appropriate.








While this type of house might be too extreme for most people, we do need to start doing more in terms of sustainable building. Here's why:






Also, sorry for the overload of "sustainability" stuff. I'm working on my thesis {Sustainable tourism in New Bedford, MA}. I actually started a new blog for it. If you're interested, here's the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails