Friday, June 25, 2010

MUSIC: Fok Friday {Sia}

I have been listening to this lady's album, Some People Have Real Problems {2008}, on repeat for two years now. Then, this week, I heard rumblings of a new album - she has mentioned before of quitting, or not doing any more solo, in-front-of-camera work. So, I thought I would share some of my faves from her to celebrate her new work, which I want to get my hands on.


Sia, born in Australia in 1975, is known for her souldful-jazzy-pop ish solo work, as well as her work with her group Zero 7. As a solo artist she has put out 5 studio albums: Only See {1997}, Healing is Difficult {2001}, Colour the Small One {2004, 2006}, Some People Have Real Problems {2008}, & the quite recent We Are Born {June 4, 2010}.


Additionally, she has worked as producer & song writer for the likes of Christina Aguilera &, in 2009, sang back up vocals s for Flight of the Conchords {!} CD, I Told You I Was Freaky. In her personal life, she is a vegetarian {I'm succeeding in that endeavor at least!} & openly gay -currently dating JD Samson from Le Tigre.


She is sort of cuckoo-crazy & I dig it, you'll get the idea in her videos below...I'm posting two {both from Some People Have Real Problems}!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails