Monday, June 28, 2010

Why not try: Cinnamon Raisin Almond Balls {or Bars}

We haven't had a Why Not Try in quite some time on here & this is a good one. I joined a website, SparkPeople, to keep me on track for summer fitness goals -but I'm mostly using it for recipe & workout emails. On Saturday morning I got sent an email for a snack recipe - which turned out to be wonderfully useful since I was hosting a small gathering for the US. v. Ghana game {:( USA}. I don't know how people think of these things, but this one comes from Anne over @ her fANNEtasticfood blog.

Ok 3 ingredients & 2 steps -so simple!

Put 1 cup of raisins, 1 cup of almonds, & a tsp of cinnamon in a blender & blend until mixed. Form into balls {which I went with} or bars - the raisins make it sticky, you could probably do this with dates as a substitute. It says this makes about 12 balls, but I made mine small {one-bite size} & made about 20+. They are ready to go as soon as you form them, which is great, but I refrigerated mine briefly {15 minutes or so} since it's been so unbearably hot here.

Here's a breakdown of all the nutrition information:


Super fast, super cheap, super easy, & super healthy - I think I'll be keeping this recipe in the back of my mind for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails