Friday, July 30, 2010

MUSIC: Folk Friday {Sondre Lerche}


This discovery happened through one of those amazing chain of events that makes new books, music, etc that much sweeter. I can't take the credit though.My BFF during undergrad - Zach - was randomly watching Jay Leno or some late night show & Sondre Lerche was the entertainment. I want to say this was 2006 ish. He puts him on my ipod; we become obsessed. We were also obsessed with The Office & eventually saw Dan In Real Life with Steve Carrell & I was quite surprised to hear a familiar voice- Sondre did the whole soundtrack. Anyways I guess that's not too crazy of a chain of events, but I think it's funny - especially when you dig something years before he becomes known in any sense of that word.


Born in Norway in 1982, he has released 6 albums in the US. Also, he did a great duet with Regina Spektor who also rocks!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails