I'm about the be the biggest dork EVER.... but have you ever noticed that the Weasely Family from the Harry Potter Series, by J.K. Rowling closely resembles J.D. Salinger's fictional Glass family?
Here's the breakdown (with help from Wikipedia):
- Seymour Glass = Bill Weasely. Both are hard working and auspicious.
- Webb Gallagher "Buddy" Glass = Charlie Weasely. Buddy narrates of most of Salinger's short stores and may even be the protagonist on Catch in the Rye. Charlie from HP "prefers dragons to women" according to Rowling.
- Beatrice "Boo Boo" Glass = Percy Weasley. Both are boring and the most removed from their family.
- Walter "Walt" and Walker Glass = Fred and George. Two sets of twins. Walt is the "lighthearted" Glass member and dies in battle in occupied Japan. Fred dies while fighting Voldermort and is definitely a favorite among Harry Potter fans. Walker becomes a Priest, and, stay with me here, George loses and ear and claims to become "holy" for it. I'm not making this up!
- Zachary Martin "Zooey" Glass = Ron. Zooey is the one everyone knows about because he has a major piece of American Literature credited to him. Ron's pretty famous too.
- Frances "Franny" Glass = Ginny. Youngest girls who all the boys like.
I'm not saying its a conspiracy, but I'm just saying look at the facts. I'll let you know how the rest of the book is once I get over this shocker! Until then, time to go back to being cool...