Friday, March 26, 2010

MUSIC: Folk Friday {Lykke Li}



To prepare for my travels today {flying to The Netherlands for a week!} I have been gathering some new music to keep me company on planes & trains. Usually when I fly I like to listen to something soothing, like Thelonious Monk or something like the new She & Him album {which is amazing by the way}. I have a bunch of new stuff for my flight, but something that I legit cannot get out of my head is this CD: Youth Novels by Lykke Li {especially the song "Little Bit"}.

Li Lykke Timotej Zachrisson {stage name Lykke Li} is a 24 year old singer originally from Sweden. Her family has moved around to an impressive number of places {I wonder if it influenced her sound in any way?}, including Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Nepal, India, & Brooklyn, New York, & back to Stockholm.

Her debut album, Youth Novels, was released in May of 2008 & I can't stop listening to it - just the right amount of soft vocals paired with fun beats.

Check out the video for Little Bit below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails