Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Snap out of it!

I apologize for doing two fashion-y posts in a row. I'm trying my hardest to finish Tess of the D'Urbervilles in the next two days, so I can start a new book during my plane ride to the Netherlands {where I will be spending the next 8 days!} & get a review up for our lovely readers. Our book blog is in dire need of a book review! eek!

However, I just can't stop thinking about what I want to wear when I finally have more free time to shop/dress...I'm in a "play dress up" mood & I can't help it. I think the summer breeds wardrobe re-do moods. I'm really feeling a Peggy Lipton/late '60s- early '70's vibe for Summer 2010. I'm also really missing my long hair & am on a quest to grow it out.

Right now, I'm totally inspired by these early photos {think 1960s-late 1970s} of one of my most favorite people. I'm sorry, I can't help it. I'm just gonna come out & say it: I LOVE CHER. I love her. I love her music {avec Sonny & solo}, I love her movies {uhh Mermaids anyone!?...I love a good Catholic joke. I'm allowed to -I paid my dues with 12 years spent in plaid skirts & kneesocks}, & I love her style...she does what she wants. She is Cher after all. I think it's safe to say her look from 1980 to the present might be a little too much for everyday inspiration -leather onesies for class? Not for me! I tend to prefer her earlier, more natural looks.

{image: Cher Style}

{image: Cher Style}


Do you have a favorite Cher look?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails